Enable debugging with wireshark
|User & Date:||schelte 2021-08-27 09:17:04|
- Change foundin to "b5c41cdeb6"
- Change icomment to:
Debugging applications that use encrypted communications is difficult because tcpdump or wireshark will only show gibberish. However, wireshark has the ability to use a file with (pre-)master secrets, which will allow it to decrypt the traffic.
I propose to add the option to generate such a file to tcltls. The standard way to do this is by setting the environment variable SSLKEYLOGFILE.
A patch is available here
- Change login to "schelte"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change private_contact to "8475f421649231f1e116ac602bea4537d2b027b4"
- Change severity to "Important"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "Enable debugging with wireshark"
- Change type to "Feature Request"