Issue with OpenSSL1.1 and dh_param access
|User & Date:||anonymous 2020-05-29 07:47:10|
- Change icomment to:
The actual issue here is that the `openssl` program used for generating dh_param.h is the one found in the search path (PATH), and not one found via pkg-config.
That is, by default macOS ships an old OpenSSL 0.9.8 (actually LibreSSL, IIRC). When one provides a newer one (e.g. installed through brew) with PKG_CONFIG_PATH, the gen_dh_params script will use the first `openssl` executable it finds on PATH, which generates code incompatible with the new API.
A possible solution would be to search an openssl executable in the exec_prefix found by pkg-config, and use it in gen_dh_params.
- Change login to "anonymous"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-plain"
- Change priority to "Immediate"
- Change resolution to "Open"
- Change severity to "Important"
- Change username to "medranocalvo"