rules-ext.vc missing from win directory
|User & Date:||anonymous 2021-02-27 22:02:50|
- Change foundin to "1.7.22"
- Change icomment to:
I'm trying to build 1.7.22 for Windows, using Visual Studio 2017 (Community Edition). The win directory is missing in the download, but I managed to add it via the patch I found on this site.
However, it's now missing rules-ext.vc. I found a version of rules.vc from 2016 (before the win directory was deleted), but I get the following errors:
'nmakehlp' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
targets.vc(29) : fatal error U1083: target macro '$(PRJLIB)' expands to nothing
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could add that missing file (as well as any other missing artifacts), and any documentation that would help with building this module would be appreciated, including how you compiled the module to test it for the patch. I really want to get this module compiled to update the tcl web server (tclhttpd) to make it more secure.
Jeffrey Rothman, Ph.D.
- Change login to "anonymous"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-plain"
- Change private_contact to "793aeae01821516f7a3d8d9c0adafcca479f79bf"
- Change severity to "Critical"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "rules-ext.vc missing from win directory"
- Change type to "Build Problem"